LDAPUserFolder - Servers: Specify the LDAP servers to use
This view is used to specify the LDAP servers to use
- The LDAP servers this LDAPUserFolder is connecting to.
- Delete a LDAP server definition from the list of LDAP servers
used by the LDAPUserFolder.
Add LDAP server
- Add new LDAP servers to connect to.
Server host, IP or socket path
- The hostname, IP address or file
socket path for the LDAP server. Please see the README for notes on
LDAP over IPC.
- The port the LDAP server is listening on. By default,
LDAP servers listen on port 389. LDAP over SSL uses port 636 by default.
If LDAP over IPC has been selected the port will be ignored.
- Select whether to use standard LDAP, LDAP over SSL or
LDAP over IPC. Please note that LDAP over SSL is not StartTLS, which
uses the same port as unencrypted traffic. Please see the README for
notes on LDAP over IPC.
- How long the LDAPUserFolder will wait when
establishing a connection to a LDAP server before giving up. The
Connection Timeout prevents the LDAP connection from hanging indefinitely
if the network connection cannot be established and connection
attempts do not raise an immediate connection error. Important note:
It is possible that during a request several attempts at connecting
to the LDAP server are made. The time it takes for the LDAPUserFolder
to return control to Zope will be the sum of the connection attempts
multiplied by the chosen Timeout value.
- If a connection has been established before but
there is a chance, e.g. due to a misconfigured firewall, that the
connection is severed without the LDAPUserFolder noticing, the
Operation Timeout value can guard against a hanging site by watching
how long it takes for a LDAP request to return. Please use this setting
with caution and make sure you know how long your LDAP server might
take to respond under high load. With this setting a long response
time due to normal reasons, such as load on the LDAP server, can be
misinterpreted as a hanging connection and the LDAPUserFolder can be
caught in a vicious circle trying to re-connect again and again.
- Add the new server to the list of servers used by the